Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com> on 2021/09/06 12:33:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Superset 1.3.1 based on Superset 1.3.1rc1

Hello Superset Community,

This is a call for the vote to release Apache Superset version 1.3.1.
This release candidate includes the following cherries on top of 1.3.0:

Features:
- #16594 feat: Experimental cross-filter plugins (@simcha90)
- #16416 feat: add Shillelagh DB engine spec (@betodealmeida)
- #16167 feat: Adding Rockset db engine spec (@srinify)

Fixes:
- #16592 fix: Remove export CSV in old filter box (@duynguyenhoang)
- #16573 fix: impersonate user label/tooltip (@betodealmeida)
- #16412 fix: Support Jinja template functions in global async queries (@robdiciuccio)
- #16482 fix: can't drop column when name overlap (@zhaoyongjie)
- #16526 fix: Set correct comparison operator for snowflake-sqlalchemy pinning (@danielewood)
- #16372 fix: ensure setting operator to `None` (#16371) (@grumpy-miner)
- #16515 fix: Pin snowflake-sqlalchemy to 1.2.4 (@danielewood)
- #16468 fix(native-filters): handle undefined control value gracefully (@villebro)
- #16464 fix: prevent page crash when chart can't render (@zhaoyongjie)
- #16460 fix(native-filters): handle null values in value filter (@villebro)
- #16299 fix: copy to Clipboard order (@AAfghahi)
- #16369 fix: call external metadata endpoint with correct rison object (@villebro)
- #16293 fix(sqlite): week grain refer to day of week (@villebro)
- #16193 refactor: external metadata fetch API (@zhaoyongjie)

The release candidate:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/superset/1.3.1rc1/

Git tag for the release:
https://github.com/apache/superset/tree/1.3.1rc1

The Change Log for the release:
https://github.com/apache/superset/blob/1.3.1rc1/CHANGELOG.md

The Updating instructions for the release (unchanged from 1.3.0):
https://github.com/apache/superset/blob/1.3.1rc1/UPDATING.md

public keys are available at:

https://www.apache.org/dist/superset/KEYS

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours or until the necessary number
of votes are reached.

Please vote accordingly:

[ ] +1 approve
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove with the reason

Thanks,
The Apache Superset Team
--------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Superset 1.3.1 based on Superset 1.3.1rc1

Posted by Daniel Gaspar <dp...@apache.org>.
+1 binding

Posted by Craig Rueda <cr...@craigrueda.com>.
+1

- Craig

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release Apache Superset 1.3.1 based on Superset 1.3.1rc1

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
During testing of this rc many bugs were surfaced, most of which have since been fixed on master. Therefore we’re cancelling this vote and kicking off a new vote for 1.3.1rc2 shortly.

Ville

Posted by Elizabeth Thompson <el...@preset.io>.
Thanks Ville, that makes sense, and I agree that the goal is to move toward stability, and understand the uncertainty when cherrying with merge-conflicts. I feel more comfortable knowing that these are updates to dependencies to fix merge conflicts, and agree about continuing the conversation about how to handle merge conflicts in the future. I haven’t tested this release so I’ll hold off on voting, but my concerns have been addressed.

Thanks again,
Elizabeth

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Elizabeth Thompson <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

Posted by Erik Ritter <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yongjie <yo...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

Posted by Ville Brofeldt <vi...@gmail.com>.
FYI, the image is now also available on docker hub:

https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/superset/1.3.1rc1-dev/images/sha256-8f459c1568650201d99fc76d84bdfcc2a5358e0ac25e96143bf01c9d1481df49?context=explore <https://hub.docker.com/layers/apache/superset/1.3.1rc1-dev/images/sha256-8f459c1568650201d99fc76d84bdfcc2a5358e0ac25e96143bf01c9d1481df49?context=explore>