Posted to dev@weex.apache.org by sospartan <so...@apache.org> on 2017/04/27 06:40:27 UTC

[Discuss]Podling Report - May 2017

Hi all,
Here is the draft for report:
-----------------------------
Weex

Weex is a framework for building Mobile cross-platform high performance UI.

Weex has been incubating since 2016-11-30.

  1. Move the whole workflow and infra into Apache (not the codebase only).
  2. Develop more contributors and committers.
  3. Clear the ICLA issues.

aware of?

No

  * We developed 3 new committer:TianYi Ma, Tancy and HaiBo Song.
  * There are 90+ new forks and 700+ new stars since last report.
  * We have encouraged people to discuss more in the JIRA and dev
     mail list.Up to now, 30 issues are reported on JIRA and 25 of them
      is resovled.
   * We have redirect github's mails to the commits mail list to have a
      clear overview of our activity  in the dev mail list.

  * We are trying to release 0.12.0 this month. Both two RCs were failed due
    to the license issue.
  * Current development is focus on enhance preload solution, event handle
and
    match up html5 version to native SDK.
  * And Vue2.0 adaptation is almost finish, rest of it will end in upcoming
    version 0.13

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [x] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation
  [ ] Other:

Date of last release:

  XXXX-XX-XX

When were the last committers or PPMC members elected?
TianYi Ma,  5 April 2017
Tancy, 18 April 2017
HaiBo Song, 24 April 2017

-----------------------------

I'd like to hear from all you guys about this report, and how we did this
month.

--
Best Regards!
------------------------------

sospartan
https://weex-project.io

Re: [Discuss]Podling Report - May 2017

Posted by sospartan <so...@gmail.com>.
I'll try my best to digest that.
I've removed everything except the release issue. Anyone have anything else
to add to that part?

Updated:
-----------------------------
Weex

Weex is a framework for building Mobile cross-platform high performance UI.

Weex has been incubating since 2016-11-30.

  1. Move the whole workflow and infra into Apache (not the codebase only).
  2. Develop more contributors and committers.
  3. First Release while in Incubator.

aware of?

We are worried that only 1 mentor is actively helping us, as this will put
more burden on the rest of the Incubator to approve our releases.
Especially, most of active committers are not good at dealing with
license-related problem.

  * We voted in 3 new committer:TianYi Ma, Tancy and HaiBo Song.
  * There are 90+ new forks and 700+ new stars since last report.
  * We have encouraged people to discuss more in the JIRA and dev
     mail list. Up to now, 30 issues are reported on JIRA and 25 of them
      are resovled.
   * We have redirect github's mails to the commits mail list to have a
      clear overview of our activity  in the dev mail list.

  * We are trying to release 0.12 this month. Both two RCs were failed due
    to the license issue. This is major issue of project.

How would you assess the podling's maturity?
Please feel free to add your own commentary.

  [ ] Initial setup
  [x] Working towards first release
  [ ] Community building
  [ ] Nearing graduation

[...]