Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxmedia.com> on 2010/02/27 11:36:23 UTC

Re: What is ofbiz? was Re: first steps to framework independence! vote here!

On Feb 26, 2010, at 10:47 PM, Bruno Busco wrote:

> This is what I am also trying to do.
> Just have the possibility to *remove* all the applications but party
> and content from an OFBiz installation and have it working.

I think this has to be done into two separate and independent steps:
1) framework (without party and content) independence
2) content and party independence from the other applications

I think they are very different goals and I am sure that there are different people interested in one, two or both.
For example, I am interested in #1 and I am less interested (I am not saying it is a bad thing, but not worth of the effort considering how I am using OFBiz) in #2.

Jacopo