Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com> on 2015/02/27 22:21:28 UTC

[Vote] Tools Release February 27, 2015

Please review and vote on this Tools Release.

Release issue: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB-8555

All the tools have been published to
dist/dev:https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/cordova/CB-8555/

All the tools have also been published to npm under the rc tag.
Feel free to test them with npm install -g cordova@rc

The packages were published from their corresponding git tags:

    cordova-js: 3.8.0 (5934b1b744)
    cordova-lib: 4.3.0 (c4fbb6a3e1)
    cordova-plugman: 0.23.0 (6ec4d1d006)
    cordova-cli: 4.3.0 (f0fed4ad5c)

Upon a successful vote I will upload the archives to dist/, publish
them to NPM, and post the corresponding blog post.

Voting guidelines:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-coho/blob/master/docs/release-voting.md

Voting will go on for a minimum of 48 hours.

I vote +1:
* Ran coho audit-license-headers over the relevant repos
* Ran coho check-license to ensure all dependencies and
subdependencies have Apache-compatible licenses
* Ran npm test and built a hello world android cordova project with
device plugin

Re: [Vote] Tools Release February 27, 2015

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
The vote has now closed. The results are:

Positive Binding Votes: 4

Steven Gill
Parashuram N
Sergey Grebnov
Andrew Grieve

Negative Binding Votes: 0

The vote has passed.

I will be updating them to the latest tag on npm, moving release into
dist and publishing the blog post (after pulling in PRs)

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
haha yes

Posted by "Parashuram N (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

#148)

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
* Confirmed sigs & hashes with `coho verify-archive`
* Verified sha1s match tags with `coho verify-tags`

When checking actual contents, Looks like the released candidate has a file
that doesn't exist in the repo:
$ diff -r rc package
Only in rc/src/plugman: defaults.json

Contents of the file:
{"id":"org.apache.cordova.vibration","version":"0.3.14-dev","description":"Cordova
Vibration Plugin","license":"Apache
2.0","keywords":["cordova","vibration","ecosystem:cordova","cordova-firefoxos","cordova-wp7","cordova-wp8","cordova-android","cordova-amazon-fireos","cordova-ubuntu","cordova-ios","cordova-blackberry10","cordova-tizen"],"repository":"
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/cordova-plugin-vibration.git
","bugs":"https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CB/component/12320639
","engines":[],"platforms":["firefoxos","wp7","wp8","android","amazon-fireos","ubuntu","ios","blackberry10","tizen"]}

Looks like it's created by:
https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/blob/master/cordova-lib/src/plugman/createpackagejson.js#L43
(which is also returning a fulfilled promise?)

Seems it's something we should fix up (shouldn't write to source
directory), but probably it's not a real problem?

Posted by "Parashuram N (MS OPEN TECH)" <pa...@microsoft.com>.

Posted by Steven Gill <st...@gmail.com>.
I really wish some of this stuff was communicated during the discuss phase
:(

Posted by Gorkem Ercan <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Mefire O." <om...@microsoft.com>.
[Sorry to pollute the voting thread.]

Here are two pull requests that fix the issues I mentioned earlier :

-  https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/173
-  https://github.com/apache/cordova-lib/pull/174

I'll be voting +1, once and if these get included.

Thanks,
Mefire