Posted to alexandria-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Chris Todd <ct...@alabanza.com> on 2000/10/12 06:58:56 UTC

alexandria almost runs...

Ok, I updated alexandria from cvs and rebuilt it.  But when I try to run
alexandria, the logon.expect script that gets executed from the main
build.xml doesn't seem to be working.  The error message in the cvs.logon
log says something about not being able to find a password and you need to
do a cvs login first.

Interestingly, if I manually did a cvs login, then ran ./scripts/alexandria,
it got as far as checking out the one module I had defined in my global.xml
(alexandria), building the content frames, running Jeff's ChangeLog task,
and doing the JavaDoc.  But it didn't build the jxr.  I'm sorry I don't
remember any error messages, and it's late so I'll try again tomorrow and
pay closer attention.

Just curious, could the logon.expect script be replaced with the CVS task in
Ant?

I also just wanted to mention that when you run scripts/alexandria, this
line clobbers your classpath:
export CLASSPATH=bin/Alexandria.jar:lib/castor.jar:lib/turbine-2.0.jar
so Ant won't run because you don't have a JAXP compliant XML parser in your
classpath.  Obviously, this is easily fixed:
export
CLASSPATH=$CLASSPATH:bin/Alexandria.jar:lib/castor.jar:lib/turbine-2.0.jar
(assuming, of course, you already had jaxp.jar and parser.jar in your
classpath)

It's a trivial point, but I thought I'd mention it.

One last thing, turbine-2.0.jar is not in the alexandria CVS.  Do I need to
check out the turbine cvs and build it?  And is it absolutely required for
Alexandria to work properly?

Regards,
Chris