Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com> on 2002/05/01 20:52:13 UTC

Re[2]: OutofMemoryError

Hello Laurent,

Hmmm....

-Xincgc
Enable the incremental garbage collector. The incremental garbage collector, which is off by default, will eliminate occasional garbage-collection pauses during program execution. However, it can lead to a roughly 10% decrease in overall GC performance

From:
http://java.sun.com/products/hotspot/2.0/README.html#use

If you can live with a 10% decrease in overall garbage collection
performance, then yeah, I guess use incremental garbage collection.

Jake

--
Best regards,

RE: Re[2]: OutofMemoryError

Posted by Laurent FĂ©ral-Pierssens <la...@distincthorizon.com>.
Thanks, yes we can live with that. Actually, since we added those
changes it really improved the stability of the application. Those
suggestions were made on that list a few months ago.

Regards,
Laurent

From:

--