Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Xu, Zaili" <ZX...@pershing.com> on 2012/09/14 16:49:11 UTC

cassandra does not close the stdout console on startup

Hi,

Another newby question. My script needs to start up cassandra node. However cassandra doesn't close the stdout console and therefore never returns

cassandra -p c.pid

Is there anyway to have cassandra close the stdout ?

Zaili

IMPORTANT: Any information contained in this communication is intended for the use of the named individual or entity. All information contained in this communication is not intended or construed as an offer, solicitation, or a recommendation to purchase any security. Advice, suggestions or views presented in this communication are not necessarily those of Pershing LLC nor do they warrant a complete or accurate statement.

If you are not an intended party to this communication, please notify the sender and delete/destroy any and all copies of this communication. Unintended recipients shall not review, reproduce, disseminate nor disclose any information contained in this communication. Pershing LLC reserves the right to monitor and retain all incoming and outgoing communications as permitted by applicable law.

Email communications may contain viruses or other defects. Pershing LLC does not accept liability nor does it warrant that email communications are virus or defect free.

Re: cassandra does not close the stdout console on startup

Posted by aaron morton <aa...@thelastpickle.com>.
Starting with -f backgrounds the process.

By default logging is configured to write to stdout, maybe update log4j-server.properties.

Hope that helps.

Aaron Morton
Freelance Developer
@aaronmorton