Posted to dev@drill.apache.org by Charles Givre <cg...@gmail.com> on 2016/12/08 16:38:35 UTC

UDF Question

Hello Drill Developers,
I have a question for the community.  I’m working on a UDF which depends on a static datafile—specifically the MaxMindDB for Geolocating IP addresses.  I have a UDF that takes an IP and queries the MaxMindDB for the Geo information, but the UDF required me to hard code the file path to the datafile.

I’m wondering how do I:
1.  Include the datafile with the UDF and
2.  Include a dynamic file path so that the datafile can be packaged with Jar or something like that.

Thanks,
— C