Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by "seenu.atluri" <se...@gmail.com> on 2015/11/13 13:50:54 UTC

Error merging Java EE JNDI entries in to war.

Hi,

I have an ear with a ejb jar and 4 war files. Deployment went fine while
deploying the first war. All ejbs are bind to JNDI successfully.But, while
deploying the 2nd war (test). It is failing with the below exception. Why
TomEE is trying to bind ejbs multiple times for each war? Please advise.

SEVERE: Jndi name could not be bound; it may be taken by another ejb.
Jndi(name=openejb/Deployment/PpbInvoiceReportMgrSSB/com.cubic.cts.prepaidbenefits.billing.PpbInvoiceReportMgr!Remote)
Nov 13, 2015 6:25:35 PM org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder
startInternal
SEVERE: Error merging Java EE JNDI entries in to war /test: Exception:
Unable to bind business remote deployment in jndi.
org.apache.openejb.OpenEJBRuntimeException: Unable to bind business remote
deployment in jndi.
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind(JndiBuilder.java:505)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.build(JndiBuilder.java:92)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.Assembler.initEjbs(Assembler.java:1229)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.startInternal(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1371)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.TomcatWebAppBuilder.configureStart(TomcatWebAppBuilder.java:1100)
	at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.GlobalListenerSupport.lifecycleEvent(GlobalListenerSupport.java:130)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5416)
	at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1575)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$StartChild.call(ContainerBase.java:1565)
	at
	at
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: javax.naming.NameAlreadyBoundException:
openejb/Deployment/PpbInvoiceReportMgrSSB/com.cubic.cts.prepaidbenefits.billing.PpbInvoiceReportMgr!Remote
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind(JndiBuilder.java:661)
	at
org.apache.openejb.assembler.classic.JndiBuilder.bind(JndiBuilder.java:489)

Thanks,
Srinivas Atluri.

Re: Error merging Java EE JNDI entries in to war.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You have to customize deploymentId. There is a sample in
conf/system.properties.