Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Saptarshi Guha <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/13 06:51:37 UTC

Re: Very large file copied to cluster, and the copy fails. All blocks bad

> Did you run the copy command from machine A?
Yes, exactly.
> I had to have the client doing the copy either on the master or on an "off-cluster"
 Thanks! I uploaded it from an off cluster (i.e not participating in
the hdfs) and it worked splendidly.

Regards
Saptarshi

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 11:03 PM, TCK <mo...@yahoo.com> wrote:

 I believe that if you do the copy from an hdfs client that is on the
same machine as a data node, then for each block the primary copy
always goes to that data node, and only the replicas get distributed
among other data nodes. I ran into this issue once -- I had to have
the client doing the copy either on the master or on an "off-cluster"
node.

--
Saptarshi Guha - saptarshi.guha@gmail.com