Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2017/03/19 16:21:16 UTC

seconding MNG-6189: WARN if maven-site-plugin configuration contains reportPlugins element

see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6189 for more details on the
logic behind this warning.

It's only a warning, and there is an IT to check the result

I think it is safe and will help us continue cleaning users poms for people
lost in stopped migration from <reporting> to <maven-site-
plugin><configuration><reportPlugins>

In addition, this will prepare maven-pdf-plugin work on the same topic
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPDF-48

Seconders?

notice: what is hard in our process now is to have people understand the issue
before being merged, and understanding starts by finding interest in taking
time to try to understand a topic that is not yours.
Is it bad? IMHO, no
But it is hard after having taken time to describe the issue, fix it, test it,
to now have to convince explicitely others

Regards,

Hervé

Re: seconding MNG-6189: WARN if maven-site-plugin configuration contains reportPlugins element

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
merged to master

thank you

Hervé

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
+1

On Sun 19 Mar 2017 at 16:21, Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> wrote:

> see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MNG-6189 for more details on the
> logic behind this warning.
>
> It's only a warning, and there is an IT to check the result
>
> I think it is safe and will help us continue cleaning users poms for people
> lost in stopped migration from <reporting> to <maven-site-
> plugin><configuration><reportPlugins>
>
> In addition, this will prepare maven-pdf-plugin work on the same topic
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MPDF-48
>

> Seconders?
>
> notice: what is hard in our process now is to have people understand the
> issue
> before being merged, and understanding starts by finding interest in taking
> time to try to understand a topic that is not yours.
> Is it bad? IMHO, no
> But it is hard after having taken time to describe the issue, fix it, test
> it,
> to now have to convince explicitely others
>
> Regards,
>
> Hervé

Sent from my phone