Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Heller <he...@deepsoft.com> on 2003/12/10 16:35:50 UTC

[users@httpd] "--enable-mods-shared=all" configure question...

I discovered a some things:

The RedHat spec file uses the "--enable-mods-shared=all" option to build all
modules (asside from a handfull of core modules) as shared modules.
This is fine so far.  There does seem to be a weirdness with the
suexec_module.  It appears that when it is compiled as a module and you
want to enable suexec for userdir CGI scripts.  Even if you load the
suexec *before* all other modules, suexec is NOT enabled for userdir CGI
scripts.  I'm guessing that the suexec module needs to be 'compiled in',
but this is a problem with the --enable-mods-shared=all configure
option.  The --enable-mods-shared=all seems to supersede a
--enable-suexec -- that is you cannot force a selected module (suexec)
to be compiled in once you select all modules to be shared.

Do I *really* need to replace "--enable-mods-shared=all" with
'--enable-modules="..."' for every module (except suexec)?

Is there a fix to the suexec module that will allow it to work probably
*as a shared module* for userdir CGI scripts (it works fine for
SuexecUserGroup, which is NOT what you want for userdir CGI scripts)?

                                     \/
Robert Heller                        ||InterNet:   heller@cs.umass.edu
http://vis-www.cs.umass.edu/~heller  ||            heller@deepsoft.com
http://www.deepsoft.com              /\FidoNet:    1:321/153

Re: [users@httpd] "--enable-mods-shared=all" configure question...

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Wed, 10 Dec 2003, Robert Heller wrote:
> There does seem to be a weirdness with the
> suexec_module.  It appears that when it is compiled as a module and you
> want to enable suexec for userdir CGI scripts.  Even if you load the
> suexec *before* all other modules, suexec is NOT enabled for userdir CGI
> scripts.

Although I haven't tested it myself, I'd guess that's not the problem.

More likely you are missing other pieces in the suexec setup.  Suexec
requires not only mod_suexec, but also the suexec binary, which has its
own ./configure options.  Check the suexec docs.

Joshua.