Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Priti Desai <pd...@us.ibm.com> on 2018/12/12 20:55:30 UTC

PR Submitted to Integrate wskdeploy into wsk CLI

Hi,

I have made an attempt to integrate wskdeploy into wsk CLI by following a
simple source/GitHub dependency approach. I have a PR here, please send me
your comments/feedback:

https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-cli/pull/394

Here is the list of changes and how tos:

1. Introducing wsk project subcommand which is equivalent to wskdeploy.
2. To invoke deployments, run wsk CLI with: wsk project deploy --manifest
manifest.yaml. This is equivalent of running wskdeploy --manifest
manifest.yaml or wskdeploy -m manifest.yaml
3. Undeploy/remove OpenWhisk assets with CLI; wsk project undeploy
--manifest manifest.yaml. This is equivalent of running wskdeploy undeploy
--manifest manifest.yaml or wskdeploy undeploy -m manifest.yaml
4. Similary run sync/export with wsk project sync and wsk project export
5. wsk project deploy | undeploy | sync | export does not support short
hand flags including -m, -d, -p unlike wskdeploy. The reason behind this
deprecation is wsk CLI already has some short hand flags like -d for debug
which can not be overloaded.

Please let me know if you any questions/comments. I would like to this
feature go live if there is no objection.

Cheers
Priti

Re: PR Submitted to Integrate wskdeploy into wsk CLI

Posted by Priti Desai <pd...@us.ibm.com>.
Thank you everyone for comments and feedback.

We have the wskdeploy integrated into CLI now, thanks Rodric for reviewing
the changes.

You can download the latest CLI from here:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-cli/releases/tag/latest

I tested the latest binary has deploy commands such as wsk project deploy,
etc.

Cheers
Priti

From:   Matt Rutkowski <mr...@apache.org>
To:     <de...@openwhisk.apache.org>
Date:   12/14/2018 12:49 PM
Subject:        Re: PR Submitted to Integrate wskdeploy into wsk CLI

James,

Yes, we will need to update "
https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-cli/blob/master/build.gradle
" which has the Go lang. deps. with the correct hash we want to pickup
from the wskdeploy repo. treating it as any other package deps.

-Matt

On 2018/12/14 14:24:24, Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 Is great to get to the point of consolidating under a single CLI
>

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2018 at 1:52 AM James Thomas <jt...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > This is excellent Priti! It will make it much easier for developers to
use
> > the tool and increase adoption having it availble through a single
CLI.

Posted by Matt Rutkowski <mr...@apache.org>.
James,

Posted by Carlos Santana <cs...@gmail.com>.

--
Carlos Santana
<cs...@gmail.com>

Re: PR Submitted to Integrate wskdeploy into wsk CLI

Posted by James Thomas <jt...@gmail.com>.
This is excellent Priti! It will make it much easier for developers to use
the tool and increase adoption having it availble through a single CLI.

Will you be manually managing updating the `wsk` repo with new `wskdeploy`
deps for each release?

On Wed, 12 Dec 2018 at 20:55, Priti Desai <pd...@us.ibm.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have made an attempt to integrate wskdeploy into wsk CLI by following a
> simple source/GitHub dependency approach. I have a PR here, please send me
> your comments/feedback:
>
> https://github.com/apache/incubator-openwhisk-cli/pull/394
>
> Here is the list of changes and how tos:
>
> 1. Introducing wsk project subcommand which is equivalent to wskdeploy.
> 2. To invoke deployments, run wsk CLI with: wsk project deploy --manifest
> manifest.yaml. This is equivalent of running wskdeploy --manifest
> manifest.yaml or wskdeploy -m manifest.yaml
> 3. Undeploy/remove OpenWhisk assets with CLI; wsk project undeploy
> --manifest manifest.yaml. This is equivalent of running wskdeploy undeploy
> --manifest manifest.yaml or wskdeploy undeploy -m manifest.yaml
> 4. Similary run sync/export with wsk project sync and wsk project export
> 5. wsk project deploy | undeploy | sync | export does not support short
> hand flags including -m, -d, -p unlike wskdeploy. The reason behind this
> deprecation is wsk CLI already has some short hand flags like -d for debug
> which can not be overloaded.
>
> Please let me know if you any questions/comments. I would like to this
> feature go live if there is no objection.
>
> Cheers
> Priti

James Thomas