Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Alex Krohn <al...@gossamer-threads.com> on 2000/11/24 04:06:48 UTC

init handler possible?

Hi,

I'm looking for the opposite of a cleanup handler that can be set during
runtime under Apache::Registry. For example, in a script running under
Apache::Registry, I want to be able to add only:

        use MyModule;

and have some initilization code get registered to run on every
subsequent request automatically? I haven't been able to figure out if
this is possible, the only thing I can see is adding the subroutine call
after the use manually.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Alex

--------------------  Gossamer Threads Inc.  ----------------------
Alex Krohn                        Email: alex@gossamer-threads.com
Internet Consultant               Phone: (604) 687-5804
http://www.gossamer-threads.com   Fax  : (604) 687-5806

Re: init handler possible?

Posted by sp...@vancouver.yi.org.
On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Alex Krohn wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for the opposite of a cleanup handler that can be set during
> runtime under Apache::Registry. For example, in a script running under
> Apache::Registry, I want to be able to add only:
>
>         use MyModule;
>
> and have some initilization code get registered to run on every
> subsequent request automatically? I haven't been able to figure out if
> this is possible, the only thing I can see is adding the subroutine call
> after the use manually.

I would throw in a small handler into the apache config file and see if it
works. It should because of stacked handlers feature of mod_perl.
Don't worry it will not blow up your server and write all over your
/dev/hda! =)
l8r,
	pavel

--