Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ian Berry <Ia...@yarris.com> on 2007/09/03 07:28:17 UTC

Re: Buildinfo. Maven plugin metadata.

Thanks for the reply Jason.

What is the name of John Caseys plugin?

Ill have a look at it.

Cheers

Ian Berry

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason van Zyl [mailto:jason@maven.org]
Sent: Monday, 27 August 2007 9:27 AM
To: Maven Developers List
Subject: [***POSSIBLE SPAM***] - Re: Maven plugin metadata - Email has
different SMTP TO: and MIME TO: fields in the email addresses

You can probably save yourself some time and use John Casey's. He
probably has a newer variant, plus he's got a plugin to pin down the
snapshot versions so he's probably got most things you need.  He'll
probably respond when he gets back from the weekend.

On 26 Aug 07, at 4:13 PM 26 Aug 07, Ian Berry wrote:

> Hi,
>

> I am developing a buildinfo plugin, listing all dependencies and
> plugins
> used during a build.
>

> For snapshot dependencies, and snapshot plugins, I would like to
> get the
> build timestamp and build number to include in the output.
>

> I have successfully gained this metadata information for
> snapshot-dependencies, but I can't get the metadata for
> snapshot-plugins.
>

> To get the plugin artifacts, I use ${project.pluginArtifacts} (or
> project.getPluginArtifacts())
>
> The artifacts returned, have not metadata attached, i.e.
> artifact.getMedatadatalist().size() returns 0;
>

> How can I get a build timestamp and build number for a snapshot-
> plugin?
>
> In my local repository, the snapshot-plugins have a
> maven-metadata-snapshot.xml.
>

> Thanks,
>

> Ian Berry

Thanks,