Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Si...@saaconsultants.com on 2006/06/06 17:11:58 UTC

Validating Data and Index Integrity

Following a few power failures and unexpected terminations of the VM
(careless operators!) we have experienced corruptions of the directory JDBM
backed store.

In all cases, the DS shutdown hook was never executed.

Is there a way we can run an integrity check on the content of the JDBM .db
and .lg files - either at a low level or via a DS API call?

We could then run this "integrity check" when we detect an uncheduled
shutdown when restarting...

TIA

SimonT

Re: Validating Data and Index Integrity

Posted by Ersin Er <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Simon.Temple@saaconsultants.com wrote:
> Following a few power failures and unexpected terminations of the VM
> (careless operators!) we have experienced corruptions of the directory JDBM
> backed store.
> In all cases, the DS shutdown hook was never executed.
>
> Is there a way we can run an integrity check on the content of the JDBM .db
> and .lg files - either at a low level or via a DS API call?

We should have a db dumber in apacheds-tools. It's in $APACHEDS_HOME/bin.

You can invoke it like:

./apacheds-tools.sh dump -i $APACHEDS_HOME -f dump.dat -p 'system'

"./apachedstools.sh help dump" will give more information.
> We could then run this "integrity check" when we detect an uncheduled
> shutdown when restarting...
>
> TIA
>
> SimonT

HTH,