Posted to dev@carbondata.apache.org by Harmeet Singh <ha...@knoldus.com> on 2016/10/20 11:00:25 UTC

describe formatted table command does not show block size

Hey team, carbon data creating a table block size with 1GB default value. But
when i am trying to show the block size value using desc formatted
in tables details the block size must be visible. Even we manually define
the table block size, the size does not appear. Following are the details:

*First table automatic block size:*

0: jdbc:hive2://127.0.0.1:10000> create table testOne(name string, age int)
stored by 'carbondata';

0: jdbc:hive2://127.0.0.1:10000> desc formatted testOne;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+
| name                                 string
DICTIONARY, KEY COLUMN                                                    |
| age                                  bigint
MEASURE                                                                   |

| ##Detailed Table Information
|
| Database Name :                      fordrop
|
| Table Name :                         testone
|
| CARBON Store Path :
hdfs://localhost:54310/Opt/CarbonStore

| ##Detailed Column property
|
| NONE
|

| ##Column Group Information

*Second Table manually block size: *

0: jdbc:hive2://127.0.0.1:10000> create table testTwo(name string, age int)
stored by 'carbondata' tblproperties('table_blocksize"="1");

0: jdbc:hive2://127.0.0.1:10000> desc formatted testTwo;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+--+
| name                                 string
DICTIONARY, KEY COLUMN                                                    |
| age                                  bigint
MEASURE                                                                   |

| ##Detailed Table Information
|
| Database Name :                      fordrop
|
| Table Name :                         testtwo
|
| CARBON Store Path :
hdfs://localhost:54310/Opt/CarbonStore

| ##Detailed Column property
|
| NONE
|

| ##Column Group Information

Please confirm this is an issue ?

回复: describe formatted table command does not show block size

Posted by 杰 <25...@qq.com>.
hi,Harmeet

  not clear.
  commiter has reviewed, no further comments, i will @ them to check

thanks
Jay

Posted by Harmeet Singh <ha...@knoldus.com>.
Hey  杰 ,

Posted by 杰 <25...@qq.com>.
hi, Harmeet

 there is already pr#230 for this problem.  pls check.

thanks

From:  "Harmeet Singh";<ha...@knoldus.com>;
Date:  Thu, Oct 20, 2016 09:11 PM
To:  "dev"<de...@carbondata.incubator.apache.org>;

Hey Ravi, can we raise the issue in jira ?

Re: describe formatted table command does not show block size

Posted by Harmeet Singh <ha...@knoldus.com>.

Posted by ravipesala <ra...@gmail.com>.
Yes, better show all table properties in desc command.