Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Desi Natalia <de...@nh.piagetacademy.org> on 2011/12/13 05:43:06 UTC

Questions

Hi Support!

May i ask u for evaluating this software, please kindly check my questions

1.       Can the finance software support multiple accounts as our school has at least 2 companies, one is called "PT" and one is called "Yayasan"?

2.       Can we do Online transactions for:

a.       Payment of school trips including immersions?   (This will go to "Yayasan")

b.      Payment of school fees?  (This will go to "Yayasan")

c.       Payment of capital levy?   (This will go to "PT")

d.      Purchase of uniforms and other school items  (This will go to "Yayasan")

3.       Can we do Payment of e-banking into multiple accounts?

4.       Is the chart of account determined by the finance company or can it be suited to our needs?

5.       Can the Process of purchase requisition and purchase order streamlined into payment and fixed assets inventory?

6.       Would there be feature to take care of Fixed assets depreciation?

7.       Can printing of the cheques and e-banking payment be done in Indonesia?   Has Corero been used by any institutions in Indonesia?

8.       Can there be a feature that if we exceed budget a supervisor password is required before purchase requisition can be made?

9.       Can Accounts payable list balance owed per supplier or contractor due to multiple payments or requirement for down payment?

10.   Is the software charged by per user and how much is the fee to use the software?

11.   Since we have different scenario due to the unstable IDR, are we allowed to make more than 1 budget in the financial system?

12.    Can purchase requisitions be made directly by teachers online?  it seems that a Finance module is meant only for administrators and has no functionality that allows teachers to make purchase requisitions?

Best Regards,
Natalia
Accounting Dept
NationalHigh Jakarta School
Email :desinatalia@nh.piagetacademy.org
Phone : 021-5890 2962/3
Fax : 021-5890 2162

Re: Questions

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nathalia,

Please see my comment inline.

Should you have any remarks and/or questions please feel free to share.

With regards,

Pierre Smits

2011/12/13 Desi Natalia <de...@nh.piagetacademy.org>

> Hi Support!
>
> May i ask u for evaluating this software, please kindly check my questions
>
> 1.       Can the finance software support multiple accounts as our school
> has at least 2 companies, one is called "PT" and one is called "Yayasan"?

As you have two organisations for which accounting has to be done the best
solution would be to setup OFBiz as a multi-tenant solution, whereby one
tenant would be your 'PT' organisation and the other 'Yayasan'.

> 2.       Can we do Online transactions for:
>
> a.       Payment of school trips including immersions?   (This will go to
> "Yayasan")
>
> b.      Payment of school fees?  (This will go to "Yayasan")
>
> c.       Payment of capital levy?   (This will go to "PT")
>
> d.      Purchase of uniforms and other school items  (This will go to
> "Yayasan")

Yes, for all of the above through the webinterface.

> 3.       Can we do Payment of e-banking into multiple accounts?

Yes, through the webinterface

> 4.       Is the chart of account determined by the finance company or can
> it be suited to our needs?

The chart of accounts can be set up to your needs per tenant. However, you
should involve your accountant for information and guidance.

> 5.       Can the Process of purchase requisition and purchase order
> streamlined into payment and fixed assets inventory?

Yes.

> 6.       Would there be feature to take care of Fixed assets depreciation?

Yes. Fixed Asset Managment and depreciation is provided through a separate
module/function

> 7.       Can printing of the cheques and e-banking payment be done in
> Indonesia?   Has Corero been used by any institutions in Indonesia?

Yes. Printing of checks has been available for some time now. However,
there might be some coding involved to make it suit your needs. Can not say
anything about Corero as I don't know that here in the Netherlands.

> 8.       Can there be a feature that if we exceed budget a supervisor
> password is required before purchase requisition can be made?

I haven't come across that requirement in my dealings with implementing
OFBiz. Workflow is only basically available in OFBiz. And workflow
solutions are always specific to the company's requirements. Therefore
custom-built.

> 9.       Can Accounts payable list balance owed per supplier or contractor
> due to multiple payments or requirement for down payment?

Please elaborate as I don't understand your question.

> 10.   Is the software charged by per user and how much is the fee to use
> the software?

OFBiz is an open source business solution. Therefore, no cost for software
is involved. However, implementing a software package requires effort. And
maintenance. Such an effort can be included in your cost model.

> 11.   Since we have different scenario due to the unstable IDR, are we
> allowed to make more than 1 budget in the financial system?

Please elaborate. Do you intend to have multipe budgets per period or
multiple budgets over a multitude of periods?

> 12.    Can purchase requisitions be made directly by teachers online?  it
> seems that a Finance module is meant only for administrators and has no
> functionality that allows teachers to make purchase requisitions?

You can set up your OFBiz in such a way that your teachers can create
purchase requisitions. E.g. through the ORDER module.  Having a seperation
of functions you would not want your teachers to have access to the
Finance/Accounting module.