Posted to jmeter-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Jonas Lim <jl...@exist.com> on 2006/10/13 11:14:57 UTC

JMS Point-to-point Sampler question

Hi Guys,

I was looking at the JMS Point-to-point sampler and was wondering if it
would be a good idea to have a seperate sampler for the producer sending
the queue and the consumer consuming from it? (same as the jms publisher
and jms subscriber samplers)   I was looking at doing some jms
performance test with the JMS broker, consumer and producer deployed on
seperate machines each (trying to simulate a production environment) and
I don't believe this is possible with the current design of the
Point-to-point sampler.  I'd like to contribute a patch for it if you
guys think it's a good approach :)

Regards,
Jonas

Re: JMS Point-to-point Sampler question

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
patches are always welcome.

the current point-to-point jms sampler is pretty simple. you're correct that
it wouldn't work with separate machines. the tricky part would be
correlating the producer/consumer across separate machines.

peter lin