Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Gary Shea <sh...@gtsdesign.com> on 1998/11/11 08:50:00 UTC

Re: suexec/1769: suexec too limited -- need per-directory control, more permissive directory structures

The following reply was made to PR suexec/1769; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Gary Shea <sh...@gtsdesign.com>
To: dgaudet@arctic.com
Cc: shea@gtsdesign.com, pvanhaes@be.oracle.com, apbugs@apache.org
Subject: Re: suexec/1769: suexec too limited -- need per-directory control, more permissive directory structures
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 02:01:46 -0700 (MST)

 Hi folks --

 Some time ago I created a set of patches for 1.3b3 which
 allow suexec to work in a more flexible manner; those
 patches are getting a bit dated, and I've got a new set (for
 1.3.3) pretty much ready to go.  I've attempted to follow
 the spirit of the changes that have been made since 1.3b3.

 The patches are still intolerant of variation in the formatting
 of the suexec.conf file, but otherwise are fairly solid (I think!).

 Since the configure stuff has become very slick and useful,
 I'm wondering if I can get a copy of the configure.in
 file so I can add a few --suexec-* options to the patches
 so some additional configuration can be automated.  For
 instance, I need to set up where the suexec.conf file is found
 (and what it's called, for that matter...).

 Once I have the configure changes done I'd like to re-release
 the patches.  I have lost track of who handled that, so
 I'd appreciate it if you could let me know...

 I made (sparing) use of the request rec's 'notes' field,
 and for the first time used the space management stuff
 implemented in alloc.c ... wow, is that stuff nice.
 Beautiful work.  Whoever did it was thinking.

 	Gary

 Gary Shea                                       shea@xmission.com
 Salt Lake City                      http://www.xmission.com/~shea