Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Hannes H." <du...@gmail.com> on 2018/11/30 08:51:41 UTC

Modular version/edition of Apache Commons

Good day,

while migrating a code base which depends on Apache Commons from Java 8 to
Java 11 the problem with 'split packages' crossed my efforts to do so.

I did some research but I could not find anything, so I try by asking here:
Is there a modularized version/edition of Apache Commons available, or is
there a timeline until when this will be done?

If not: Is there any suggestion on how to approach that problem when
migration to a newer, jigsaw-enabled JDK version?

Thanks for your time and help,
Hannes

Re: Modular version/edition of Apache Commons

Posted by aj...@apache.org.
Since each Commons component is released separately, each can have its own
plan.

ajs6f

Posted by "Hannes H." <du...@gmail.com>.
So there is no common approach planned for Apache Commons?

Posted by "A. Soroka" <so...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Hannes H." <du...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.