Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Morrison, John" <Jo...@uk.experian.com> on 2000/12/15 15:49:41 UTC

[C2][ServletExec3.0]

Hi,

After successfully creating pages on my local Catalina (and persuading my
boss that it's a good idea to use C2) I now find myself in the position of
having to install the webapp on ServletExec.

Has anybody succeeded?  I'm encountering the following error...

<exception>

Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it
from fulfilling the request.

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ApplServletContext.CreateServlet(ApplServletCont
ext.java)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ApplServletContext.loadConfiguredServlet(ApplSer
vletContext.java)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ApplServletContext.getServlet(ApplServletContext
.java)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.SERequestDispatcher.forward(SERequestDispatcher.
java, Compiled Code)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ApplicationInfo.processApplRequest(ApplicationIn
fo.java, Compiled Code)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServerHostInfo.processApplRequest(ServerHostInfo
.java, Compiled Code)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java,
Compiled Code)
	at
com.unify.ewave.servletexec.ServletExec.ProcessRequest(ServletExec.java)

</exception>

Thanks,

John.

of this email.

Re: [C2][ServletExec3.0]

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
> After successfully creating pages on my local Catalina (and persuading my
> boss that it's a good idea to use C2) I now find myself in the position of
> having to install the webapp on ServletExec.
>
> Has anybody succeeded?  I'm encountering the following error...
>
> <exception>
>
> Error. The server encountered an unexpected condition which prevented it
> from fulfilling the request.

Do you have any Cocoon logs?  It should be in your WEB-INF/logs
directory.  Many times, the logs has much better exception reporting
that helps track down errors.  The ClassCastException concerns me
a little--it could be what's causing it not to work in my install
of Cocoon on WebSphere.