Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Aljoscha Krettek <al...@apache.org> on 2021/01/04 12:43:36 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Allow streaming operators to use managed memory

I agree, we should allow streaming operators to use managed memory for
other use cases.

Do you think we need an additional "consumer" setting or that they would
just use `DATAPROC` and decide by themselves what to use the memory for?

Best,
Aljoscha

Posted by Xintong Song <to...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for driving the discussion, @Jark. The conclusion LGTM.

@Yun,
Since the streaming operators did not use managed memory previously, I
don't think it's possible for any use cases with managed memory streaming
operators to align with the previous behaviors.
No matter how the consumer weights are configured, some of the managed
memory has to be transferred from the previous consumers to the new managed
memory streaming operators.

Thank you~

Xintong Song

Posted by Jark Wu <im...@gmail.com>.