Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Radomir Kadlec <ra...@aura.cz> on 2011/11/28 09:26:10 UTC

ServiceMix as mail proxy server

Hello,
*can ServiceMix serve as a mail proxy server* for auditing purposes?
It means clients connecting to the ServiceMix and then ServiceMix forwarding
the mail protocols (POP3 or IMAP and SMTP) to the original mail server.
The use case is to audit the sending and receiving of mail attachements for
security purposes.
It seems, that there is no possibility tu build such a mail proxy server
from the JBI and Camel components of ServiceMix.
Thanks,
Radomir

Re: ServiceMix as mail proxy server

Posted by Ɓukasz Dywicki <lu...@code-house.org>.
Hey Radomir,
You are right, currently ServiceMix do not offer this kind of components. It allows to connect to POP or IMAP server and consume messages from it. I think that currently the best choice for you is to investiage James project which is full featured mail server written in Java. It allows you to write custom extensions called mailets.

Regards,
Lukasz
--
Consultant at Code-House