Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ryan Connolly <ry...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/21 14:30:21 UTC

Help with appessembler plugin

Greetings fellow maven-appassembler-plugin users,

This question may be more relevant to the JSW lists so that was the first
place I turned to pose this question.  As I've seen zero activity from that
list I'm hoping someone familiar with the m-a-p and the generate-daemons
goal for jsw platform may be able to help...

I have a requirement to perform some logging to the Windows Event Logs
everything is working out fine up until I run the application from the
generated JSW app... I've been using the log4j NTEventLogAppender
successfully in my unit tests as well as running outside of the JSW app.
 However, no logging to the event logs occurs while running from JSW (I'm
using the WrapperSimpleApp method).  I've noticed in the logging
configuration docs a "wrapper.syslog.loglevel" property so I went ahead and
changed its value from NONE to INFO, still no dice.  Does anyone have any
additional information or experience with this?  I'd really like to get this
sorted out!  I really hope that this functionality is not being blocked by
the wrapper as the appassembler plugin (from what I understand) uses the OS
version from before the JSW license change.  Is event logging a pay-only
feature of JSW?  Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks to any in advance!

-Ryan

Re: Help with appessembler plugin

Posted by rynam0 <ry...@gmail.com>.
I've solved this and as usual it was my silly mistake... i was not calling
setThreshold(Priority p) on the NTEventLogAppender... sorry for the noise,
folks.