Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by LLTYK <LL...@mailinator.com> on 2011/03/11 13:46:44 UTC

AjaxFormLoop use case: Select from a dropdown and then click Add

So I have a list of up to 5 Foo's, each having a name that can only be of the
following list: A, B, C, D, E. Adding an A would remove A from the list, and
the request that goes to server for adding should somehow specify that an A
was selected.

Doing this with AjaxFormLoop is annoyingly difficult so I made my own thing
with FormInjector.

I miss the simplicity of AjaxFormLoop, if only it would do what I want it
to. Main problem is that it is difficult to make the Add and Remove links do
more than they do now. For example, making RemoveRowLink prompt before
removing, or hooking into the ajax success callbacks on Add, or adding a
context based of of some other form field (a dropdown) to Add.