Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Goutham reddy <go...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/28 00:06:25 UTC

Insert constant value for all the rows for a given column

Hi,
We have a requirement to add constant value to all the rows for a
particular column, and we could not find any solution. Can anybody provide
standard procedure for the problem. Appreciate your help.

Regards
Goutham Reddy

RE: Insert constant value for all the rows for a given column

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Here’s a DataStax article called Sharing a static column: https://docs.datastax.com/en/cql/3.3/cql/cql_using/refStaticCol.html

Sounds like what’s called a “static column”.

Posted by Patrick Goliwas <pg...@gmail.com>.
Unsubscribe please

Sent via mobile
Call/Text: (612) 281-0702

How about using a default value on the column?

I believe "static column" applies for one partition key. Correct me if my understanding is wrong.

Regards
Goutham Reddy

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
I meant to say, what about using Presto?

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Here is the link to Presto: http://prestodb.github.io/

Yes, it’s definitely a distributed SQL query engine for big data.

If you are expecting a lot of different values to come in, then you’re only trying to add a value to the existing records?  I don’t understand where the data is coming from.  This seems straightforward. I must be missing some aspect to it still.

Posted by Goutham reddy <go...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Kenneth Brotman <ke...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Yup