Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Alex Baranau <al...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/25 18:09:40 UTC

Searching more Hive content

Hello guys,

wiki, web site,
source code, javadoc, jira...

Would the community be interested in a patch that replaces the
Google-powered
search with that from search-hadoop.com, set to search only Hive project by
default?

We look into adding this search service for all Hadoop's sub-projects.

Assuming people are for this, any suggestions for how the search should
function by default or any specific instructions for how the search box
should
be modified would be great!

Thank you,
Alex Baranau.

P.S. HBase community already accepted our proposal (please refer to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-2886) and new version (0.90)
will include new search box. Also the patch is available for TIKA (we are in
the process of discussing some details now):
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-488. Hive's site looks much like
Avro's for which we also created patch recently (
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-626).

Re: Searching more Hive content

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@yahoo.com>.
I'm a "little" biased, but I'm also +1 on this as a user.

 Otis
----

Posted by John Sichi <js...@facebook.com>.
+1 from me.