Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Argo Vilberg <wi...@gmail.com> on 2008/08/19 11:46:47 UTC

UTF-8 in tapestry 5.0.13

Hello!

I have postgreSQL 8.1 with utf-8 charset and also web application with <meta
http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> tags.

But all estonian letters õüäöÕÜÄÖ are going to crazy.

If i use simple text edit field to save value and then query some value from
database then i got strange symbols.

Why so?

Argo

Re: UTF-8 in tapestry 5.0.13

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
Hi,

Uli is correct in that regard, at least for Tapestry 5.0.13.

Tapestry 5.0.14 simplifies things *considerably* by using a single,
configurable character set across the entire application, that just so
happens to default to UTF-8.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2543

-Filip

Re: UTF-8 in tapestry 5.0.13