Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by poorva1209 <po...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/17 21:36:45 UTC

Consumer not receiving message

I am running producer at Unix machine and consumer at Windows machine.
The producer is sending the messages but they are not getting received at
consumer.

It all works fine when producer is also running on windows machine with the
same configuration.
Brokers at both producer and consumer are running as java embedded brokers.
protocol: multicast
activemq version : 5.5.1 at consumer and 5.6.0 at producer
jdk = 1.6.0
Ports are open through firewall at both the machines.

what am I missing?

Thanks,
Poorva

Re: Consumer not receiving message

Posted by poorva1209 <po...@gmail.com>.
Thanks, got it working with single broker and producer running at unix
machine and just consumer running at windows.

Re: Consumer not receiving message

Posted by zackhasit <za...@gmail.com>.
Hi Gaurav,

Would 2 broker not work otherwise though. Please see similar question below.
I understand that one broker would work but what if I need to run 2 brokers
(no embedded/embedded).
link:
http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/Implementing-Request-Response-mechanism-td4655304.html

Re: Consumer not receiving message

Posted by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com>.
Per your original message: "Brokers at both producer and consumer are
running as java embedded brokers"

So, you don't need two embedded brokers for passing the same message
between a producer and a consumer. Just run a single broker on a machine
that is accessible to the unix-producer and the windows-consumer both
preferably using the same activemq client version. Despite the tcp stack
impl differences, it shouldn't matter as long as the broker-url is
reachable from the producer and the consumer.

Posted by poorva1209 <po...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Gaurav for replying.

Posted by Gaurav Sharma <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Poorva, you can do with just a single broker (on the same jvm, forked or
remote) and producers and consumers as 'clients' of the broker.

For absolute simplicity, consider the broker as a pipe/container with
producer-push and consumer-pull or consumer-push (via messagelistener) like:
producer -> broker-pipe <- consumer (polling)
or
producer -> broker-pipe -> consumer (listening)

Hope this helps.