Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Roland Everaert <re...@gmail.com> on 2013/08/14 13:16:44 UTC

Unable to deplay solr 4.3.0 on jboss EAP 6.1 in mode full JavaEE 6

Hi,

For the past months I have deplaoyed and used SOLR 4.3.0 on a JBOSS EAP 6.1
using the standalone configuration.

Now due to the addition of a new service, I have to start jboss with a
modified version of the standalone-full.xml configuration file, because the
service uses JavaEE 6. The only change concerns connection to a datasource
and interaction with active directory.

With that configuration file, when I try to deploy solr.war, I got the
following error:

11:02:23,291 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread
1-2) JBA
S015876: Starting deployment of "solr.war" (runtime-name: "solr.war")
11:02:25,540 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-2)
MSC0000
01: Failed to start service jboss.deployment.unit."solr.war".PARSE:
org.jboss.ms
c.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit."solr.war".PARSE:
JBAS
018733: Failed to process phase PARSE of deployment "solr.war"
        at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(Deplo
ymentUnitPhaseService.java:127)
[jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.
Final-redhat-8]
        at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(Se
rviceControllerImpl.java:1811)
[jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-
1]
        at
org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceCont
rollerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA-redhat-1.jar:1.0.4.GA-redhat-1]
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.
java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]
        at
java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_21]
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to resolve expression:
${cont
ext}
        at
org.jboss.metadata.property.DefaultPropertyReplacer.replaceProperties
(DefaultPropertyReplacer.java:125)
        at
org.jboss.metadata.parser.util.MetaDataElementParser.getElementText(M
etaDataElementParser.java:194)
        at
org.jboss.metadata.parser.ee.ParamValueMetaDataParser.parse(ParamValu
eMetaDataParser.java:78)
        at
org.jboss.metadata.parser.servlet.ServletMetaDataParser.parse(Servlet
MetaDataParser.java:93)
        at
org.jboss.metadata.parser.servlet.WebCommonMetaDataParser.parse(WebCo
mmonMetaDataParser.java:102)
        at
org.jboss.metadata.parser.servlet.WebMetaDataParser.parse(WebMetaData
Parser.java:175)
        at
org.jboss.metadata.parser.servlet.WebMetaDataParser.parse(WebMetaData
Parser.java:55)
        at
org.jboss.as.web.deployment.WebParsingDeploymentProcessor.deploy(WebP
arsingDeploymentProcessor.java:91)
        at
org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitPhaseService.start(Deplo
ymentUnitPhaseService.java:120)
[jboss-as-server-7.2.0.Final-redhat-8.jar:7.2.0.
Final-redhat-8]
        ... 5 more

11:02:25,556 ERROR [org.jboss.as.server] (HttpManagementService-threads -
4) JBA
S015870: Deploy of deployment "solr.war" was rolled back with the following
fail
ure message:
{"JBAS014671: Failed services" =>
{"jboss.deployment.unit.\"solr.war\".PARSE" =>
 "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service
jboss.deployment.unit.\"solr.w
ar\".PARSE: JBAS018733: Failed to process phase PARSE of deployment
\"solr.war\"

    Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to resolve
expression: ${
context}"}}
11:02:25,728 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread
1-2) JBA
S015877: Stopped deployment solr.war (runtime-name: solr.war) in 161ms

Jboss: EAP 6.1
Solr: 4.3.0
OS: Windows server 2008 R2

Does anybody already deploy solr with such configuration?

Thanks,

Roland Everaert.

Re: Unable to deplay solr 4.3.0 on jboss EAP 6.1 in mode full JavaEE 6

Posted by Roland Everaert <re...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the tips. When I got time, I will have a look into it and I will
try to use solr via the embedded jetty.

Regards,

Roland.

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.

Posted by Roland Everaert <re...@gmail.com>.
No, I have not. I am now working on something else, and I really don't know
how to investigate this problem :(

Posted by delkant <de...@mt2014.com>.