Posted to user@struts.apache.org by John Raley <jo...@moonlight.com> on 2001/04/02 20:07:09 UTC

Re: Validating dates

Hi William,

I noticed that you are hard-coding the date patterns in your convenience class.  One major benefit of
the DateFormat class is that the VM can choose an appropriate pattern based on a Locale (either
explicitly specified, or the VM default which usually doesn't mean much in a web application).  Is
there a reason the default patterns don't work for you?

John