Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Kirthi Narayan <ki...@gmail.com> on 2009/02/11 18:44:29 UTC

[users@httpd] Redirecting https connection

Hi All,

I appreciate if any one in this forum could help me in this problem.

Here is the following of our setup.

1. We have set of servers behind the load balancer
2. We are running http and https on these servers
3. We have bought wild card ssl certificate *.xyz.com
4. Our configuration would automatically redirect http to connection to
https

Now the problem is when the user hits with xyz.com we get invalid
certiciate. but if we hit through www.xyz.com it is working fine.

I used the read write module to redirct all the xyz.com request to
www.xyz.com but https://xyz.com does not work properly.

Please let me know how to fix this issue

Thanks

Kirthi

Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting https connection

Posted by Brian Mearns <me...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 11, 2009 at 1:28 PM, Karel Kubat <ka...@e-tunity.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you seem to have two separate problems:
>
>> We have bought wild card ssl certificate *.xyz.com
>> Now the problem is when the user hits with xyz.com we get invalid
>> certiciate. but if we hit through www.xyz.com it is working fine.
>>
>> I used the read write module to redirct all the xyz.com request to
>> www.xyz.com but https://xyz.com does not work properly.

Are you actually redirecting with the [R] flag on the rewrite rule?
Otherwise the browser will still think it's at the path it sent,
xyz.com, and the certificate won't match.

-Brian

Key Id: 0x3AA70848
Available from: http://pgp.mit.edu/

Re: [users@httpd] Redirecting https connection

Posted by Karel Kubat <ka...@e-tunity.com>.

RE: [users@httpd] Redirecting https connection

Posted by "Anthony J. Biacco" <ab...@formatdynamics.com>.
1.       Are xyz.com and www.xyz.com under the same virtual host? Do
they resolve to the same IP address?

2.       Are you sure you have the wildcard ssl cert configured in
apache and reloaded the config? Look at the cert in your browser when
you go to www.xyz.com. The CN value in the cert should be *.xyz.com if
it's correct.

-Tony

Manager, IT Operations