Posted to user@chukwa.apache.org by RainerDun <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/18 16:02:55 UTC

About the hicc start in eclipse

hello :
  I just started learning chukwa, and i want to build the chukwa source
code in eclipse ,but when i run the
org.apache.hadoop.chukwa.hicc.HiccWebServer to start the hicc service .
appeared some the following error tips:
12/06/18 21:01:34 INFO conf.ChukwaConfiguration: chukwaConf
is /home/rainerdun/project/chukwa-incubating-0.5.0/etc/chukwa/
12/06/18 21:01:35 INFO hicc.HiccWebServer: Initializing HICC Datastore.
12/06/18 21:01:35 INFO hicc.HiccWebServer:
file:/home/rainerdun/workspace/chukwa-0.5/bin/descriptors
12/06/18 21:01:35 ERROR hicc.HiccWebServer: HDFS unavailable, check
configuration in chukwa-env.sh.
12/06/18 21:01:35 ERROR util.PidFile: Delete pid file, No such file or
directory: /home/rainerdun/project/chukwa-incubating-0.5.0/var/run/hicc.pid
12/06/18 21:01:35 ERROR util.PidFile: Delete pid file
failed, /home/rainerdun/project/chukwa-incubating-0.5.0/var/run/hicc.pid

 In  getResourceListing("descriptors")  method
 public List<String> getResourceListing(String path) throws
URISyntaxException, IOException {
    ClassLoader contextClassLoader =
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader();

    URL dirURL = contextClassLoader.getResource(path);

    if (dirURL == null) {
      dirURL = contextClassLoader.getResource(path);

    }
    if (dirURL.getProtocol().equals("jar")) {

   }

Call dirURL.getProtocol(),My result is 'file',but not 'jar' 。i don't
know how and which this  'jar' to load to the classpath in the if
condition(dirURL.getProtocol().equals("jar")) ,.but for the error
tips, i have already set the parameter as the  according to the official
document。so please tell me some advices about this problem 。very
appreciated...

Re: About the hicc start in eclipse

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
The timezone widget does not work unless the server side is set to UTC time.

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by mason deng <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Eric.

--
这个世界不相信眼泪

Re: About the hicc start in eclipse

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mason deng <de...@gmail.com>.
hi ,Eric:

*                 thanks. you are right ,there must be  a .xml file rather
than a directory.  and i have already set it according to your instructions
.  now     the question is that the *config.get("fs.default.name")
result *is null. Actually,
**even if **when i* manually loading  config.get("fs.default.name")*
**=hdfs://localhost:9000.
 **just only  create a  /chukwa/hicc/widgets  empty directory  *structure* on

*
*
* Best Regards*
*  Mason*

Re: About the hicc start in eclipse

Posted by Eric Yang <er...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mason,

It looks like you are manually loading chukwaConf.addResource(new
Path(...)), this should not be necessary.  Instead, you might want to
do something like:

export CLASSPATH=${CLASSPATH}:/home/rainerdun/project/chukwa-0.5.0/conf
in chukwa-env.sh

This should enable to load Hadoop configuration from classpath without
having to explicitly addResource in java code.  addResource should
refer to a .xml file rather than a directory.  Hope this helps.

regards,
Eric

Posted by mason deng <de...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your reply.