Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Jim Reitz <je...@home.com> on 2000/07/16 21:00:08 UTC

Assertion from a release mode compiled xerces static library

I have compiled the Xerces samples with Sun c5.0, on Solaris 2.6.  When
running the following file through some of the samples (like saxprint, or
domprint), I get the expected error message, but I also get this message:
"Assertion failed: !"what?", file xx.cpp, line 756"

The message above doesn't make much sense to me for a couple reasons:
1) The Xerces library is compiled for release mode, so I don't expect any
assertions.
2) there is no file named xx.cpp to my knowledge.

Is this message correct?

xml file used for testing:
--------------------------
<!--Hello-->
--------------------------
yes, that's it, just a single line comment.

Jim Reitz
jereitz@home.com

Re: Assertion from a release mode compiled xerces static library

Posted by Dean Roddey <dr...@charmedquark.com>.
The xx.cpp is probably compiler runtime file. The file is not legal either,
since you have no root element. But, someone should explore why that file is
causing this assertion.

--------------------------
Dean Roddey
The CIDLib C++ Frameworks
Charmed Quark Software
droddey@charmedquark.com
http://www.charmedquark.com

"You young, and you gotcha health. Whatchoo wanna job fer?"

Posted by Arundhati Bhowmick <ar...@hyperreal.org>.
Jim,
Two things that you might need to explore beforehand :
1. Use a valid xml file and see if the error still appears.
2. Check if your solaris system have all the latest patch for CC 5.0
installed
Arundhati