Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by antjohns <an...@wipro.com> on 2008/10/23 10:07:48 UTC

WSN Over HTTP Binding. Please Help

Hi,

 I am using wsn-over-http binding, so i subscribe and publish using the URL.
 We have a requirement that, the client should get 'TopicNotSupported' when
 subscribing for invalid topics. But how to make 'Topics' filter in
ServiceMix to
 allow only restricted 'topic' to be subscribed?

Thanks in advance,
Antony

Re: WSN Over HTTP Binding. Please Help

Posted by antjohns <an...@wipro.com>.
Hi Thanks for replying...

I did what you said (Adding the consumer address) and ServiceMix
created pullpoint with the same
address(http://www.consumer.org/service/endpoint)

I sent some 3 notification and restarted ServiceMix(CTRL+C and pressing y).
Then i invoked
getMessage, but I expected those 3 sent msgs but What I got was,

<env:Envelope xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">
   <env:Body>
      <env:Fault>
         <faultcode>env:Server</faultcode>
         <faultstring>javax.jbi.messaging.MessagingException: Could not find
route for exchange: InOut[
  id: ID:192.168.1.34-11d2c222124-2:15
  status: Active
  role: provider
  service: {http://www.consumer.org}service
  operation: {http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2}GetMessages
  in: &lt;?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>&lt;wsnt:GetMessages
xmlns:wsnt="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2"
xmlns:env="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"
xmlns:wsa="http://www.w3.org/2005/08/addressing">
			&lt;wsnt:MaximumNumber>1&lt;/wsnt:MaximumNumber>
		&lt;/wsnt:GetMessages>
] for service: {http://www.consumer.org}service and interface:
null</faultstring>
      </env:Fault>
   </env:Body>
</env:Envelope>

Can you help me why I was not able to get the msgs sent before
SM shut down.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
No, I think we have JIRA raised for that.  Anne Noseda was willing to
work on those enhancements iirc.
For the pullpoint, the problem is not there is no persistence of
requests when the component is restarted.  The only way is currently
to deploy the pullpoint in a JBI SU so that it will be recreated each
time.  Another way would  be to specify the address in the pull point
creation request:

<wsnt:CreatePullPoint xmlns:wsnt="http://docs.oasis-open.org/wsn/b-2"
                      xmlns:sm="http://servicemix.apache.org/wsn2005/1.0">
	<sm:address>
		http://www.consumer.org/service/endpoint
	</sm:address>
</wsnt:CreatePullPoint>

but you'll still have to send the request if the component is
restarted.  I think there is also a JIRA for these persistence
problems.

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 8:48 PM, antjohns <an...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Thanks for replying..
> You have said abt registering a publisher with a topic.
> Can we do that, if so, can we restrict a subscriber to those
> registered topics? And one more thing, I am not able to use
> the old pullpoint id if the servicemix goes down and comes up again.
>
> I'm new to servicemix.. plz help me.
>

> gnodet wrote:
>>
>> Currently, there is no restriction on topics that can be subscribed to.
>> What kind of restrictions are you thinking about ? Subscribe to only
>> topics where a publisher has been registered ?
>>

>> On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM, antjohns <an...@wipro.com>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>>  I am using wsn-over-http binding, so i subscribe and publish using the
>>> URL.
>>>  We have a requirement that, the client should get 'TopicNotSupported'
>>> when
>>>  subscribing for invalid topics. But how to make 'Topics' filter in
>>> ServiceMix to
>>>  allow only restricted 'topic' to be subscribed?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance,
>>> Antony
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Cheers,
>> Guillaume Nodet
>> ------------------------
>> Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet
------------------------
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/
------------------------
Open Source SOA
http://fusesource.com

Re: WSN Over HTTP Binding. Please Help

Posted by antjohns <an...@wipro.com>.
Thanks for replying..

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Currently, there is no restriction on topics that can be subscribed to.
What kind of restrictions are you thinking about ? Subscribe to only
topics where a publisher has been registered ?

On Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 10:07 AM, antjohns <an...@wipro.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>  I am using wsn-over-http binding, so i subscribe and publish using the URL.
>  We have a requirement that, the client should get 'TopicNotSupported' when
>  subscribing for invalid topics. But how to make 'Topics' filter in
> ServiceMix to
>  allow only restricted 'topic' to be subscribed?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Antony

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet