Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Naina G <nd...@gmail.com> on 2008/07/29 18:48:12 UTC

displaying log messages in weblogic console using log4j

Hello,

I would like to know if we can use log4j to direct the application logs to
weblogic console. Or do we need to go for weblogic logging services for
that.
Please help.

Thanks and Regards,
Naina.

Re: displaying log messages in weblogic console using log4j

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
That all depends what the Admin Console displays.  Does it display the
"console.log" file, which contains any contents written to System.out?  If
it's just an arbitrary log file, you can always have Log4j append to it.  As
long as the same VM is being used for both, there should be no problems (other
than maybe using RollingFileAppender).   In both cases it will be intermixed
with Weblogic's own logging.

Ultimately, this is probably a better question for Weblogic support than the
Log4j user list.

Jake

Posted by Naina G <nd...@gmail.com>.
Hello Jake,