Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Rich Barndt <ri...@qat.com> on 2007/12/03 21:18:37 UTC

AXIS 1.4 and String Array as Input problem/issue.

I am seeing a strange behavior in AXIS 1.4 on the way it requires a String Array to be represented by the Soap Request Message.

This is a POJO based Web Service using AXIS 1.4.

public string getData(String[] Arrs)
{

			.....Business logic
}

AXIS will throw SOAP Fault if the incoming SOAP message is not formatted as such:

<Arrs>str1</Arrs>
<Arrs>str2</Arrs>
<Arrs>str3</Arrs>

My other web service stacks this same thing would be structured as such:

<Arrs>
	<string>str1</string>
	<string>str2</string>
	<string>str3</string>
</Arrs>

Any words of wisdom on what I am seeing, is there a patch for this issue?
Thank you in advance for your help.

Rich