Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by shivam tiwari <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/12/01 00:37:43 UTC

how to check which scheduler is currently running on hadoop

Hi,

please tell me how I can check which scheduler is currently running on
hadoop

--
Regards

Shivam Tiwari
Graduate student
CISE Department
University of  Florida,
Gainesville FL 32611
Email - shivam@cise.ufl.edu
            shivam.tiwari2009@gmail.com

Re: how to check which scheduler is currently running on hadoop

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Shivam,

Visit JobTrackerHost/conf to see the taskScheduler config that's in effect on the runtime.
Visit JobTrackerHost/scheduler to see a scheduler web UI if its put one up (default does not provide any, others may).

May I ask why you're looking to confirm? Is something not working the way you expect it to?

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org>.
On 01/12/11 12:03, shivam tiwari wrote:
> Is there any other way by which we can check that other scheduler is
> actually running and not the default one, rather than checking
> mapred-site.xml file

If you are really worried you could kill -QUIT the JT process and look
in the stack traces.

Re: how to check which scheduler is currently running on hadoop

Posted by shivam tiwari <sh...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Praveen Sripati <pr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Arun Murthy <ac...@hortonworks.com>.
Depending on the version of Hadoop you are using, you can goto
http://<jthost>:50030/scheduler to check.

This will work from hadoop-0.20.203 onwards.

Arun

Sent from my iPhone