Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Barry Kaplan <gr...@memelet.com> on 2005/11/17 00:49:29 UTC

global dependency exlude?

Is there any way to say /never/ include a specific dependency no matter
what? I need to get xml-apis out of my dependency list (its not needed
for 1.5?) but a whole gob of other project declare it as a dependency.
I'm trying to avoid having to repeat the exlusion in multiple places.

thanks

-bk

Re: global dependency exlude?

Posted by John Tolentino <jo...@mergere.com>.
Hi Barry,

If you declare your exclusions in your parent pom's dependency
management
(http://maven.apache.org/maven-model/maven.html#class_dependencyManagement)
this should be inherited by your subprojects.

Regards,
John