Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by maxthesecond <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/17 11:38:58 UTC

T5
troubles

I might be wrong, and for sure it's not critical but I found out the
following behavihour when including <br> tags in my component:

component  output   result

tag"
div

Just in case someone else has found the same behavihour...Tapestry 5.0.11

Thanks

Re: T5
troubles

Posted by maxthesecond <ma...@yahoo.com>.
God bless you!
So, it's real....
IMHO when user writes a component or class template he should not be woried
to much about this oddities,so I expect that soon or later there will be no
need to apply special patches to obtain normal behaviour....
Thanks a lot...I will endure with my <br /> for a while...

Filip S. Adamsen-2 wrote:

> Hi,
>
> It's what others are seeing. But you can do something about it:
>
> http://wiki.apache.org/tapestry/Tapestry5HowToXhtml
>
> -Filip
>
> On 2008-05-18 10:42, maxthesecond wrote:
>> I forget to mention this third case
>> component  result

>> correct  and <br /> correct and recomended for compatibility isues.
>>
>> Now :however I write the <br> tags in a tapestry component in the output
>> get <br> tag wich is as you know incorrect.
>>
>> I just want to know If others see this behaviour or not, thanks.
>>

>> jg433 wrote:
>>> this is a common behaviour/problem not only with tapestry.
>>> characters:

Re: T5
troubles

Posted by "Filip S. Adamsen" <fs...@fsadev.com>.
Hi,

On 2008-05-18 10:42, maxthesecond wrote:
> I forget to mention this third case
> component  result

> correct  and <br /> correct and recomended for compatibility isues.
>
> Now :however I write the <br> tags in a tapestry component in the output I
> get <br> tag wich is as you know incorrect.
>
> I just want to know If others see this behaviour or not, thanks.
>

> jg433 wrote:
>> this is a common behaviour/problem not only with tapestry.
>> characters:

Re: T5
troubles

Posted by maxthesecond <ma...@yahoo.com>.