Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Aris Stathakis <ar...@sco.COM> on 1999/11/24 18:28:05 UTC

Apache top 10 internet company

Anyone spot this?

http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9911/24/top10.hardware.tis.idg/index.html

Aris

Re: Apache top 10 internet company

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Aris Stathakis wrote:
> http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9911/24/top10.hardware.tis.idg/index.html

It's interesting to note we are a hardware company and have 22 employees.
Sigh.  =)  But hey, let's hear it for alphabetical rankings!

Though this top ten list points to an item from a top 100 that appears in
the Industry Standard that was previously mentioned here, I think.  The
print magazine edition included a great picture of Roy.

	Brian

Re: Apache top 10 internet company

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>.
And they spend the entirety of the blurb on the top 10 list trying to
justify not having a Linux company there instead of saying anything about
Apache.  Erm...

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999, Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

> > Anyone spot this?
> >
> > http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9911/24/top10.hardware.tis.idg/index.html
>
> That is truly odd.  22 employees?

You have some person with a form to fill in about "number of employees",
they will take any number they can find.

Re: Apache top 10 internet company

Posted by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@apache.org>.
> Anyone spot this?
>
> http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9911/24/top10.hardware.tis.idg/index.html