Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sanjay Dahiya <da...@india.hp.com> on 2004/05/28 08:33:46 UTC

question on providers in WSDD

|Hi

I looked at documentation and mailing lists but its not yet clear to me.

1. In a wsdd file when we give <service name="name" provider="Handler">
what does it mean,

Since a provider is a pivot handler in Axis, I understand use of
provider="java:RPC". but in this case which handler class would the message
be passed to after request flow of service and global request flow?

2. And what is the use of parameter providers under service tag.
 <service ...>
  <parameter name="providers" value="FirstProvider SecondProvider
ThirdProvider"/>
 </service>

In this case which one is the pivot handler? what is the order of
invocation of providers?

If both above are given what would be the order of invocation?

Any pointers to where its documented would be appriciated. its not there
in Axis wsdd reference guide.

thanks in advance,
Sanjay|

Re: question on providers in WSDD

Posted by Sanjay Dahiya <da...@india.hp.com>.
|yes, it is operation provider only but its not typo - this is the right
syntax.

regards
Sanjay

Posted by samir_chouthai <sv...@yahoo.com>.
Sanjay,
I think that there is a typo in the wsdd ... it should be operationProviders instead of providers .... it then makes sense.

- Samir Chouthai.

Sanjay Dahiya <da...@india.hp.com> wrote:
|Thanks Bioern

the second example is from globus (http://www.globus.org), which is
based on Axis. if its not Axis parameter then it must be a globus
specific parameter. I'll post on globus list as well.

the exact service description sample from globus follows:

style="document" use="literal">

share/schema/core/notification/subscription_manager_service.wsdl

value="org.globus.wsrf.impl.notification.ResumeSubscriptionProvider"/>

value="org.globus.axis.providers.RPCProvider"/>

SetTerminationTimeProvider             GetRPProvider
PauseSubscriptionProvider" />

Posted by Sanjay Dahiya <da...@india.hp.com>.
|Thanks Bioern

the second example is from globus (http://www.globus.org), which is
based on Axis. if its not Axis parameter then it must be a globus
specific parameter. I'll post on globus list as well.

the exact service description sample from globus follows:

 <service name="SubscriptionManagerService" provider="Handler"
style="document" use="literal">

<wsdlFile>share/schema/core/notification/subscription_manager_service.wsdl</wsdlFile>
  <parameter name="className"
value="org.globus.wsrf.impl.notification.ResumeSubscriptionProvider"/>
  <parameter name="handlerClass"
value="org.globus.axis.providers.RPCProvider"/>
  <parameter name="scope" value="Application"/>
  <parameter name="providers" value="DestroyProvider

Posted by Biörn Biörnstad <bi...@vis.ethz.ch>.
Hi Sanjay