Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Robert Burrell Donkin <Ro...@appleonline.net> on 2000/12/11 23:11:28 UTC

[BUG] Xalan-J 1.2.2 xhtml DTDs

I have a couple of related issues which occur when trying to transform
xhtml. From a  glance at the source, I get the impression that they might
actually be intended *but* they are pretty annoying. I think that the basic
cause of all these issues is the fact that if a document has general
entities in, then these must be definied in a DTD.

The effects of this are:

1. In order to transform xhtml, a copy of the DTD directory from w3c is
required to be installed under the document. This is required wheither
validation is on or off.

2. [BUG] All the comments from the entity definition are included as part
of the document and so can be transformed.

So, for example, you write a stylesheet which removes a type of attribute
and unfortunately you get all those comments added at the start. I've added
a couple which produce this effect on my machine (SuSE linux, Java 2, xalan
1.2.2).

cheers
robert