Posted to user@vcl.apache.org by "James A.s. Trimbee" <tr...@cmu.edu> on 2013/10/11 17:37:16 UTC

'HPC' state on Manage Computers Tab

I couldn't find a reference to this in the documentation; what does this do? I'm guessing that it reserves the selected computers strictly for cluster reservations...is that correct?

Rgds

James

Re: 'HPC' state on Manage Computers Tab

Posted by Aaron Peeler <aa...@ncsu.edu>.
Hello James,

Not really the HPC state is a only a state setting to prevent VCL from
assigning that node or nodes to a end user. It is meant only as
informative state when a vcl system admin looks at the computer
utilities.

To create a cluster reservation:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/VCL/Creating+Cluster+Enviroments

Aaron