Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Sumanth Sumanth <41...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/19 08:48:14 UTC

Ignite with mariadb

Hi,

Can Ignite be used with Mariadb?
When attempted (via jdbc url:
jdbc:mariadb://localhost:3306/db1?user=root&password=password) Ignite
throws exception that it is not able to find suitable jdbc driver for the
Mariadb.
What is the recommended way of integrating Mariadb with Ignite?

Thanks,
Sumanth

Re: Ignite with mariadb

Posted by Alexey Kukushkin <ku...@gmail.com>.
Do you want to use mariadb as Ignite's cache store (3-rd party
persistence)? You can use whatever you want if you implement your custom
cache store. You might also try using out-of-the-box CacheJdbcPojoStore. It
already supports DB2, Oracle, SQK Server, H2 and MySQL. It looks like
mariadb should be detected as MySQL - see getDatabaseProductName()
<https://github.com/MariaDB/mariadb-connector-j/blob/master/src/main/java/org/mariadb/jdbc/MariaDbDatabaseMetaData.java>
.

As for your "not able to find suitable jdbc driver for the Mariadb"
exception - Ignite does not include any 3rd party drivers. You must
download mariadb driver and put it on Ignite's classpath.

Re: Ignite with mariadb

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Sumanth,

There should be no problems with MariadDB in Ignite. You just need to add
the JDBC driver to your classpath. I'll make sure it's properly documented.

A series of "Ignite Web Console - Automatic RDBMS Integration" screencasts
shows how to do this with MySQL.
https://ignite.apache.org/screencasts.html

--
Denis