Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jaime Chang <jc...@idealcorp.com> on 2004/04/09 18:50:58 UTC

Ramp-up Period

Hello everybody,

I doing some testing and strange things are happening with the thread
properties

Number of Thread : 8
Ramp-up Period (in seconds): 160
Loop Count: 10

I though that the above parameters will create threads with a delay time
of 20sec between each thread.
but what I am seeing is that 8 threads are being executed with a delay
1/2 a second between each thread and then it waits for about 15-20
seconds (keep in mind that this is the print out for the code so the
actual time of the starting thread is unknown).

If I increase the loop count to 20 then 16 threads will be executed
really fast and then it will wait for about 15-20 seconds.

Can somebody please explain me the idea behind this?. By the way, I am
using JMeter 2.0

Thanks in advance.

--
Jaime E. Chang