Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Cristi Ocolisan <cr...@wiq.ro> on 2003/11/26 17:13:59 UTC

[users@httpd] Cannot find a fully qualified domain name

Hello,

I have a problem that I cannot solve...
I created a Virtual Host on my server, but when I try to restart the httpd
service, I get an error like this:

"Cannot find a fully qualified domain name" ...

Can you tell me what is wrong?
And if you know what is wrong, can you help me fix this problem?

Thank you

Cristi Ocolisan

Re: [users@httpd] Cannot find a fully qualified domain name

Posted by Remo <re...@italy1.com>.
r u sure that you can ping the name from the command line? check the
nsswitch.conf and verify that dns does not come before host.

Remo

Posted by Cristi Ocolisan <cr...@wiq.ro>.
Thanks Remo,

  _____