Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by Florin Pop <po...@gmail.com> on 2013/02/05 09:52:42 UTC

Policy Annotation!

Hello everybody!

I im currently involved in a project that has some stand-alone web services
published using Endpoint.publish method (JAX-WS). *I would like to set a
security policy* to these web services but the problem is that I don't have
ApacheCXF,Metro,Axis or other frameworks available in my project.
I tried to add some jars available for cxf

cxf-api-2.7.2.jar
cxf-rt-core-2.7.2.jar
cxf-rt-ws-policy-2.7.2.jar

into my project in order to use the *@Policy* annotation but no security
policy seem to be added to wsdl. Is is possible to make it work using only
these jars?. Do I need the entire framework? The annotations are now
supported but I'm not sure this is the right approach, no policy is yet
added to wsdl.

Thank you in advance!

Re: Policy Annotation!

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Feb 5, 2013, at 3:52 AM, Florin Pop <po...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everybody!
>
> I im currently involved in a project that has some stand-alone web services
> published using Endpoint.publish method (JAX-WS). *I would like to set a
> security policy* to these web services but the problem is that I don't have
> ApacheCXF,Metro,Axis or other frameworks available in my project.
> I tried to add some jars available for cxf
>
> cxf-api-2.7.2.jar
> cxf-rt-core-2.7.2.jar
> cxf-rt-ws-policy-2.7.2.jar

You'd need cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws and cxf-rt-frontend-simple at the least, likely a few others as well.  cxf-rt-ws-addressing.

Basically, you'd be flipping from using the JAX-WS impl built into the JDK over to entirely using CXF.

> into my project in order to use the *@Policy* annotation but no security
> policy seem to be added to wsdl. Is is possible to make it work using only
> these jars?. Do I need the entire framework? The annotations are now
> supported but I'm not sure this is the right approach, no policy is yet
> added to wsdl.
>
> Thank you in advance!

You would need to flip completely to CXF.   That said, it should just be adding the various CXF jars.

--
Daniel Kulp