Posted to users@maven.apache.org by amtixx <am...@tickets.com> on 2009/03/19 19:40:38 UTC

Forced to do maven clean before each maven

I am having a issue where i am forced to do a "maven clean" before i do a
"maven". I am using Maven 1.1. If i don't do a Maven clean, then I can't see
my new changes. i.e it seems like the application uses the old class files.
Can someone help me to fix this issue?

Re: Forced to do maven clean before each maven

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.
Also you are using a rather old version of maven (1.1)...

The entire architecture of maven was changed moving to maven 2... I suspect
not many people remember much about maven 1.x.

(Personally all I recall is that it was a pile of sh1t)

-Stephen

Posted by Lukas Theussl <lt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Anders Kristian Andersen <an...@gmail.com>.
Hi Amtixx

Yes ofcause you can get it fixed.
The situation is that maven 1 is an older generation of maven, and
there is not likely comming a new release here.
So your fix can be to migrate to maven 2, here the clean procedure is
better.

Okay it is friday, so an other solution is to send The apache
foundation a large check.

Keep happy
/Anders